jobs → → Curriculum Development Specialist
Years of Experience
20,000-30,000CNY / Month
Post Date: Feb 16, 2017
Our client is an online learning service provider, focusing on English education for elementary school children ages 5-12. It combines the quality of top American online content providers with the exclusivity of one-on-one classes with a foreign teacher – all from the comfort of the student’s home.
1. The Curriculum Specialist supports the overall planning, design, and development of course content and assessments for its learning system.
2. The Curriculum Specialist coordinates curriculum innovation, design, and research, and ensures the development and maintenance of the highest quality courses.
3. The Curriculum Specialist assists in large-scale projects which include book creation and printing, educational computer game design, teacher resources, teacher training, and more.
4. The Curriculum Specialist works with an international team including graphic designers, information technologists, education professionals, and administrative staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in the development of objectives, outcomes, content scope, and sequence for projects
2. Creates content and activities for student textbooks; aligns textbooks to US Common Core State Standards
3. Works with graphic designer to create high-quality, attractive products
4. Assists parent services and marketing by providing information regarding curriculum and course structures
5. Assists in the creation of teacher training on curriculum development and competency-based instruction.
6. Assists in the creation of informational sessions for parents regarding education and child development
7. Works with a team to design concepts for educational computer games; works with flash designers to reach high level of quality
8. Supports the analysis, planning, creation, and evaluation of curriculum development projects
9. Assists in the development of materials to support teachers before, during, and after class
1. Excellent spoken and written English language ability (native speakers are preferred)
2. China-based experience in the ESL curriculum development field
3. China-based experience teaching ESL students ages 5-12
4. Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
5. Knowledge of subject matter, pedagogy, and curriculum design
6. Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills
8. Strong interpersonal, leadership, and motivational skills
9. Ability to maintain educational principles while satisfying customers
10. The experience of teaching and designing curriculum is no less than 3 years together.
Benefits and Compensation
1. Competitive salary, The salary from 15-30K RMB per month is negotiable depending on your work experience
2. Extensive, accredited professional development opportunities.
3. Energetic, collaborative, flexible work culture
4. Provide medical insurance, work visa, round-trip flight reimbursement, housing subsidy, 5 days paid annual leave plus 5 sick days off with full salary;
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV + description of your current situation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject line: “Curriculum Development [Beijing]”