jobs → → Software Testing Automation Engineer
Years of Experience
Negotiable / Month
Post Date: Oct 18, 2017
The Software Testing Automation Engineer will be primarily responsible for defining and introducing a robust functional and regression testing strategy for the Development Team. This individual will also be responsible for automating test scenarios and identifying/reporting defects. Candidates should be passionate about software quality and test automation.
The position: Software Testing Automation Engineer
- Develop and maintain test scripts in an automated framework
- Provide accurate estimates for test design and execution work
- Develop/utilize tools and programs to facilitate testing
- Perform manual and exploratory testing as needed
- Identify testing strategy for legacy applications with little or no documented requirements
- Work on backend layers, such as third-party tools, API, database, etc., to ensure the underlying technical changes comply with software requirements
- Help developers to reproduce defects and highlight potential failure/bottleneck of the application in concerned environment
- Interpret requirements to develop positive and negative test scenarios
- Perform test design reviews and incorporate stakeholder feedback
- Adhere to team priorities and work well in an integrated developer/tester environment
- B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience automating tests
- Experience selecting/developing an automation framework
- Experience testing web applications using multiple browsers/versions
- Experience writing low-level (non-UI) automated tests
- Experience using SQL for test setup and validation
- Experience on server/website load testing
- Experience with the following is a plus: PHP/SQL, Webservice, Selenium, Unittest, CI
- Ability to remain focused and driven.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.